The 2015 Kitchen & Bath Design Trends Report predicted “contemporary, zen-like retreats” for bathrooms – a trend that continues to have momentum in 2016. Follow this guide to learn more about this trend and which products will allow your business to take advantage of this design direction.
Comfort of In-Floor Heating: Bathroom renovations dominate the home remodeling industry because today’s home-buyers are looking for bathrooms that make them feel pampered and relaxed. In fact, a luxury spa bathroom is one of the surest ways to improve a home’s value. Heated floors in particular are a top selling point.
High-End Details: Contemporary bathrooms don’t have to be monotone. Your customers can add a pop of metallic with TEC® Design FX™, without sacrificing the simplicity of the bathroom’s overall design. Design FX™ is available in silver, crystal and bronze and can be fully submerged, so it can provide a unique, design-inspired accent for water applications.
Added Amenities of Shower Niches: The Kitchen & Bath Design Trends Report listed “user experience” (ease-of-use and maintenance) and “accessibility” among the top 2015 trends. These trends will stay in style. According to Clear Seas Research, 33 percent of tile installations featured preformed shower structures in 2013. Offering convenience and accessibility, TEC® Preformed Shower Components include preformed niches and shower seats, allowing your customers to access the luxurious elements previously only common in resorts and spas.
You can deliver niches and shower seats efficiently with TEC® Preformed Components. They are ready-to-use and easy to install. The Preformed Niches can be used to add a decorative, recessed element to any wall or wet area, and come in five different shapes and sizes to fit the needs of any size installation. Because they are composed of one piece, they can easily be placed and secured into the wall.
Check out these 5 Tips for maximizing profit with your Contractor Bids:
1. Take planning seriously: Unforeseen surface preparation can send the best laid plans for tile and flooring contractors awry. Substrates plagued by moisture and unevenness can increase time and material costs. For this reason, do not bid a job before physically seeing it, and do not bid every job the same way. Remember, preparation costs may vary dramatically and will affect labor and material costs.If you have any questions about a job, talk to the experts: your team. Get input from your installers regarding the budgeting of time and materials.
2. Clarify expectations: Make sure your bid includes a detailed Scope of Work (SOW) – including design and materials. Wherever possible, avoid using allowances. That way, both you and your customer will avoid surprises. Use the phrase “not to exceed” in your SOW to prepare your customer for how you will deal with unforeseen costs.
Also make sure that your SOW outlines exactly what products you are using and any warranty information that your client may want down the road. For commercial installations we recommend that you Investigate any performance requirements – such as ANSI and ASTM standards – and ensure that the products you include in your bid meet them.
3. Document scope creep: If job conditions cause your costs – whether in labor or material – to exceed those documented in your SOW, document them. Take advantage of cell phone pictures with time stamps. Record aspects of the job as they are completed.
Often, tile and flooring installers are the last contractors on a job site. This means they may be responsible for clean up. Include this in your contractor bid so that you don’t end up spending time on something you aren’t getting paid for.
4. Manage product carefully: To cut down on job site waste, only send out as much product as can be used in one day. Although this may increase coordination time, it will help prevent wasting product – and money.
5. Sell value: You cannot sell your work on price alone. Investing in certifications and training and referencing them during the bid process will help you sell the value of your work.
Original Source: TEC
Avalon Flooring will be participating in the Atlantic Builders Convention (ABC) -
The largest builder trade show in the Northeast!
Come Visit us at Booth #619
March 30th | 9AM – 6PM
March 31st | 9AM – 4PM
FOR YOUR COMPLIMENTARY EXHIBIT FLOOR PASS
Use Promo Code: AVALON16
You can register at the Exhibit Area Guest Registration Kiosk at the show
OR in advance at www.abconvention.com
Hosted by the New Jersey Builders Association (NJBA), ABC is the largest building industry trade show in the Northeast, drawing approximately 6,500 participants from the Northeast region, including residential and commercial builders, developers, remodelers and subcontractors, plus a variety of manufacturers, suppliers, and consulting professionals. Now in its 67th year, the convention features nearly 400 exhibits showcasing the latest products and services to a large and diverse audience of decision makers. Attendees gain up-to-date information about the latest market trends, government policies and technical developments at educational seminars.
Stay in the know regarding industry info, new products, and exclusive promos
The Avalon Flooring ProPartner program offers a wide range of exclusive benefits and features designed to help our builders and contractors save time, save money, and in the end grow their business. To encourage that growth we’ve launched the ProPartner Insider Newsletter to share industry info, new products, and exclusive promos.
We’ll be posting the latest flooring and installation industry news regularly to the ProPartner Insider Newsletter. If we know a new trend, industry standard, or installation tip that could help you, we’ll share it. The next time Avalon hosts a VIP Event, Workshop, or Certification Class you’ll be the first to know. We want to help you stay on top of your game.
Professional flooring installers never want their customers to know about a new product before they do. That’s why we’ll be writing about the latest installation products, new flooring product lines, new tile trends, or bathroom accessories. You’re the expert; so let’s keep it that way.
Save Money & Grow Your Business
Finally, to grow your business you need to save some money, so the insider newsletter will be the place to hear about ProPartner exclusive promos. We’re currently reviewing our product line to see what offers we can pass on to our most dedicated builders and contractors.
When we add new articles you’ll receive an email, so keep an eye out for updates throughout the year. ProPartners, this year, let us help you grow your business.