There are many reasons why you would choose a particular type of flooring over another. And since there are so many flooring options to choose from, we’ve provided a quick and easy guide that compares flooring types and outlines the merits of each flooring option. Whether you’re looking for an option that offers superior durability, or one that has the high-end look that you’ve always dreamed of, or one that simply fits your current budget, our flooring comparison guide will help you find something for every style and situation. Here is our roadmap to choosing the best flooring for you!
- Provides a natural look
- Elegant and sophisticated
- Professional installation is recommended due to product limitations and sensitivity to moisture
- Can’t be installed on concrete
- An Engineered Wood solution offers advantages including broader style options (i.e. color & plank size) and can be used in areas where solid wood would pose challenges
- Laminate gives you the look and feel of hardwood or tile without the additional cost.
- It’s great for DIYers and has floating and glue down options available.
- Laminate is an excellent choice for high traffic areas, kids and pets and will work in about every room of the house.
- Vinyl is made in a variety of wood and stone looks and many different color options.
- It’s easy to install and great for DIYers. It can also be cut to fit unique room shapes.
- Vinyl is an excellent choice for high traffic areas, kids and pets. It’s strong, waterproof and pet friendly but soft underfoot and easy to take care of and maintain.
- Carpet is soft, warm, and elegant. Reduces noise and adds style.
- It comes in a wide variety of colors, textures and fibers to enhance any living area.
- It can be installed over many different kinds of surfaces.
- Carpet comes in stain-resistant and wear-resistant options that make it both family and pet-friendly.
- Regular vacuuming and cleaning is recommended to keep a brand new, fresh look.
- There are infinite possibilities of tile sizes, colors and textures to create a unique and personal look for your room.
- Professional installation is recommended, especially where water-proofing is recommended (showers and baths).
- Tile can be used in combination with floor heating systems to add warmth to colder living areas.
- The handmade materials of tile are completely unique and offer a distinctive look to your home.
- Natural stone is a rich, durable and timeless flooring option. Whether it’s slate, marble, granite or quartz, a stone floor always makes a statement.
- Professional installation is recommended; special grouts and sealers may be required.
- It’s long lasting and a great flooring option for both indoor and outdoor spaces.
- Requires yearly maintenance and care.
At Avalon Flooring, we want to make sure you’re happy from your first step in our showroom to your first step on your new flooring—and as your partner in home design, we’ll be there every step along the way. Consider us your “One-Stop Shopping” destination for all things flooring…(and window treatments)!
Our design consultants are equipped with the knowledge to guide you through the wide selection of products we offer, and our expert installation team is professionally trained to make sure everything gets installed the way you envision. We know your home is an expression of your sense of style, and we’re here to make sure you’ll be proud of it for years to come.
If you have any questions, please email us.