A Flooring Store With a Real Story
Our first store was opened in 1958 in Avalon, New Jersey by John Millar, who led by example with his strong work ethic, a dedication to employee growth and retention, and an understanding that even small details can make a large impact. His commitment to the vitality of his employees fostered a devoted team, and created a tight knit Avalon Flooring ‘family’.
A Legacy of Culture and Local
This legacy of culture and local community bond still continues to be a part of the organization even after Mr. Millar’s passing. He cared deeply about the company and its employees and wanted to ensure that Avalon would thrive and grow after he was gone. To that end, the company first became partially employee-owned in 2003 and then transitioned to be 100% employee-owned in 2018 so that Mr. Millar’s legacy could live on by giving back to the team while also strengthening the ties of Avalon Flooring within our growing showroom communities.